Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rulltårta - beigli?

I read this article this morning at Göteborgs Posten:

5000 rulltårtor till bybor (5000 rollcakes for villagers). Next to the article is a picture to illustrate the big event. But the picture shows a Hungarian beigli ( Hungarian Walnut and Poppy Seed roll) I called todays editors and told them this, but the reply was, can't it be a Hungarian beigli which we would call rulltårta here in Sweden. Well, I said, beigli is a very typical Austro-Hungarian bakery, and as much I know how the cake called rulltårta (aka Swedish jelly rollcake) looks like and tastes like it has really nothing to do with beigli. She said the picture will stay, and I asked her to make at least a small comment. Shesaid: we will see, kind of. I'm a bit disappointed. :-(

Here it comes the picture taken by Bengt Kjelling (and borrowed from GP's homesite) :


Decide! Is it rulltårta or beigli?

1 comments:

Judit Lingon said...

Thanks to a friend, here comes the original article about the Swedish jelly roll cake. ;-) Pictures are though a bit different! Here you can see actually the real thing.

SKÅNSKA.SE

http://www.skd.se/article/20091026/NYHETER/710259911